How safe are the overnight buses in Vietnam?
My boyfriend and I are planning to take the overnight bus (roughly 8-9 hours) from Hanoi to Sapa, Vietnam tonight. I've heard of a lot of backpackers doing overnight buses here when on a budget (as we are) and talking about how they're all part of the experience, etc.
Lately, though, we've been seeing a LOT online about how these buses are ridiculously dangerous to travel by. We don't mind cramped spaces or rude drivers but we do value our lives, so naturally we're a little (a lot) concerned at this point. We're considering canceling and taking the next available train, but it's quite a bit pricier. We're on an extended RTW trip (not a 2 week vacation) so little things like taking the train vs bus add up over time and we need to weigh our options pretty carefully.
I guess I'm just having trouble figuring out if 1.) the buses are way more dangerous than people think because a lot of crashes go unreported or 2.) the buses are way more safe than people think and everyone's just letting fear of how things work in other countries get the best of them.
Anyone have any experience in this area or thoughts to add? Thanks!
Submitted October 04, 2017 at 12:45PM by usernawtfound http://ift.tt/2xSoOAt

0 Response to "How safe are the overnight buses in Vietnam?"
Post a Comment