Travel advisories for Belgium-- advice, thoughts?
Hey guys :)
I am a female traveler taking my first solo trip to Belgium and Amsterdam for a month. I've reading up on the cities where I'll be staying, trying to prepare myself as much as I can; but of course, anything can happen once I'm there.
I've been coming across travel advisories Beliguim-- they are currently on high alert for threats of terrorism. Looking into it further, I'm coming across all these articles and news updates that are making me a bit nervous about the current uneasy political situation (having to do with immigration and rise of racism, I'm looking into this further).
Perhaps I'm letting the fear mongering get to me. I am an ethnic female, and being caught alone at the wrong place at the wrong time is always a fear I have in the back of my mind. Not sure if this is relevant, but I'm coming from Canada and heading to Europe alone I know I'm not going to familiar with the culture and will probably stick out.
I do not want to cancel my trip out of fear. I'm committed to this trip, and I want to see it through. But I also do not want to put myself in unnecessary danger for being stubborn. It may be a matter of postponing/moving my trip, but who can really say when it'll be "safe" to travel.
So experienced travellers, Belgium/Europe locals, and anyone who has fallen into my spiel-- do you guys have any advice, thoughts, or wisdoms about this situation? Anyone currently living in Europe with a real perspective of what's going on and how that may relate to travelers?
I'm pretty open to anything you guys have to offer, any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Submitted September 08, 2017 at 05:10PM by steelybee http://ift.tt/2jalIEu

0 Response to "Travel advisories for Belgium-- advice, thoughts?"
Post a Comment