Got robbed by the cops in Mexico
Ok, so before I got here (Mexico) I did a ton of research about the crime around quintana roo and yucatan, because I rented a car and want to visit a few ruins and do some activities. Anyway, my first night (friday), I stayed at Isla de Mujeres, with the purpose of swimming with the whale sharks; however, the whale shark activity was cancelled due to a storm. My sole purpose for staying at isla for one night was to swim with these fish, the rest of my trip is based around the main land. I explained this to the guide and he said they can always pick me up from the main land from another seaport called sams point! Sweet. So when I head back to the mainland I find out sams point is only 15min north of the seaport I took the ferry to isla mujeres from. Nice! Let me go check it out. Soeed limit is 60km so I keep it under always being aware. Road gets super lonely and I see a cop car with a vehicle pulled over ahead. I slow down to about 40, but there's a second cop that motions me to pull over. He shows me his radar and says I was going 62... the other car that was pulled over takes off.. . This is sketchy. He tells me he needs me to pay 2000 pesos or he will take my license and what not. I remember when I did some research on these things, thats exactly what they say to you in order to cough up money. So I start asking him questions, but he's so patient being that there was no one around and he rests one hand on his gun... I got a little nervous and told him all I have is $190 (which is way more than 2000 pesos, but at the moment I didnt care and just wanted to get out of there.) Dude takes the money, walks back to his partner and starts laughing... That part really sucked. Squad car 6027 did this to me. I'm in Valladolid now and its beautiful, the food is good and the people are friendly, but everytime I see a cop I get a bit nervous. I have 7 more days to go and I really don't want that to happen. Funny thing is I had separated my money for this type of scenario, but when I got back to the mainland from isla mujeres, I put my dollars on the front side of the wallet so as soon as I oulled my wallet out he saw it all... anyway, I have to take the loss and try to enjoy the rest of the trip. I try to give myself a bit of comfort by imagining that these cops really resort to extortion because they need the money that bad. Next time I wont rent a car and just try to take a cab.
Submitted September 03, 2017 at 04:39PM by craze177 http://ift.tt/2x2Llxd

0 Response to "Got robbed by the cops in Mexico"
Post a Comment