Failing at solo travel
Hey all,
So I'm now ending my 3rd week of traveling alone around Europe, with another 5 to go (assuming I stick to the plan). The beginning of my trip was incredible and I quickly made some good friends hiking up in Norway and had great experiences. However my last week 1/2 or so has been a little more rocky. Without giving you every painful detail, this has involved cancelling poorly-planned Airbnb's, checking into expensive hotels for a night or two out of fear or social anxiety of hostels, making good friends in Berlin but partying so hard that it essentially ruined the following few days in Prague, and then canceling plans to go to Budapest because I feared the party scene. I'm back in Berlin now at a hotel resting because I did legitimately get sick with an upper respiratory infection.. but I just feel like an enormous failure. I've backtracked, now don't know where to go. Supposed to meet friends in Copenhagen on Thursday and trying to hold onto that.. but I can't help but think that my other friends back home, given this chance, would be totally fun and carefree. I thought I'd be great at this but I am riddled with doubt and anxiety. I feel that I'm just hiding out. I don't know. Has anyone gone through this? I do feel like I need to get physically better but even then, how do I turn this negativity around? And has anyone dealt with feeling really ill while traveling? Any tips there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Submitted September 10, 2017 at 11:44AM by john_cus http://ift.tt/2wQsBAr

0 Response to "Failing at solo travel"
Post a Comment