Experiences with attitude sickness
Hi guys! I just found this sub, hope you can help me. I'm planning a big trip to Peru in a few months with some friends. One of them has gotten altitude sickness before (on another trip, not with us) while hiking, and is afraid he might get it again. He's considering not coming with us because of this.
Our plan is to travel around Peru, mostly by bus. We will do some day trips where we will hike, but no camping. The altitudes vary from 6000 to 12000 ft.
I've done some research on altitude sickness and from what I've gathered it's caused by the shortage of oxygen at high altitudes and symptoms can range from light headache to life-threatening vomiting and unconsciousness. It can be prevented by going up slow and taking the time to acclimatize.
I would like to hear from anyone with experience with altitude sickness, preferably even in Peru. What happened and what did you do? I'm also wondering how acute it is? Is it a matter of minutes or hours? What if someone gets it on the bus, do you just get off and walk down? Any advice is welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Submitted September 12, 2017 at 11:06AM by increasingvalency http://ift.tt/2jjLiqz

0 Response to "Experiences with attitude sickness"
Post a Comment