Do you guys have delayed baggage stories?
This is my first time solo traveling and not only that it's my first time in Europe. I recently read a thread here about a woman who's bags got transferred without her when customs took 2+. I checked in my bag because it was too heavy to bring on board despite the fear from what I read. It wasn't even that heavy, the backpack itself was pretty heavy already.
Well life is funny because Turkish airlines delayed my bag and today is the second day I have yet to gone without it in Amsterdam. Further more it's been pouring all day yesterday so I need to buy clothes till I get my bag back because I got soaked. I took 12 flights in 2 weeks last year through Asia (miserable and poorly planned by my family) and all our luggages were fine checked in.
I'm trying to stay chipper because I'm salting this with as much dry humor as possible. I ended up having a mild panic attack yesterday afternoon realizing I'm 1. Alone in a foreign continent and 2. Maybe I can't do this. I managed to calm myself down and now I'm just waiting for my bag to come back to me. Also trying to figure out how I can re weight it so I can keep it with me on my return trip home. Will probably invest in travel insurance after as well for my next solo trip.
Any one wanna share their recovery from delayed baggage mishaps with their airlines?
Submitted September 09, 2017 at 06:10AM by theorigamiwaffle http://ift.tt/2vVcRw6

0 Response to "Do you guys have delayed baggage stories?"
Post a Comment