Can you help me? I have a question about Travel Visas.
Hi,
I'm looking to find information based on my current situation. Let me first start by telling you a little bit about myself. I'm a competitive pair figure skater and I am Canadian. Over the past year and a half I have been competing for the country of Finland as my skating partner is Finnish which allows us to compete for her country. We began skating together this past summer. We started our training in Canada for about a month but eventually decided to relocate our training in Italy as she has to be closer to home in order to deal with school from time to time and given that most of our competitions throughout the competitive season are in Europe it would only make sense as we wouldn't have to fly as much to keep the costs down.
Given that I'm new to travel and I have to do most things on my own I didn't realize that you need a travel visa in order to stay in Europe for longer than 90 days within a 180 day period. I will be here until March 2018. From the information I have gathered online it seems as though I had to contact the Italian Embassy before I left Canada and needed to book an appointment with them in person to begin the process. One problem I have is that I wasn't planning on going back to Canada until Christmas which is longer than the 90 day period I'm allowed to stay in Europe. I could have a lot of my information wrong which is why I'm coming to the people of Reddit for help. Is there a way to get a travel visa without having to go back to my country?
But wait! There's more...My dream has always been to go to the Olympics and in order to do that under the country of Finland I would need to obtain citizenship. I have tried to apply for a sports visa/residence permit in Finland to eventually begin the process of citizenship but I don't meet the requirements for it. You need proof that you make money through a sports club in order to be eligible and in my current situation I don't make any money. We're still a new pair team and have to work towards that.
I'm worried that I won't be able to get a visa on time and will have to return to Canada for 90 days before I can return. It's very stressful as we have compete in Europe at various times beginning in October this year.
If anyone could help me find a solution or even give some insight on something they experienced while traveling it would be very helpful and appreciated.
Thanks,
peIVasse
Submitted September 09, 2017 at 01:36PM by peIVasse http://ift.tt/2xWAXEi

0 Response to "Can you help me? I have a question about Travel Visas."
Post a Comment