0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Truck ran me off road -- is this the right place to post? Truck ran me off road -- is this the right place to post? - Bangladesh

Truck ran me off road -- is this the right place to post?

Some time ago I had a very frightening experience -- in terms of heartrate and probably real danger of death, this may be the scariest. If this is not the right subreddit, I would appreciate being told of a better place to post. I am trying to understand how common this sort of thing might be.

Story:

I used to enjoy driving from No. Cal to LA and in the months after 9/11, the rates at hotels in Santa Monica on the beach were a real deal. I think I would take 5 (small chance this happened on 101) and the drive took most of the night -- I had a car I enjoyed driving and I loved Santa Monica.

At maybe 2 or 3 am, the highway was very quiet. The setup is two lanes going south and two lanes going north, separated by a wide grassy divide. Trucks tended to stay in the right lane and cars in the left. The only other vehicle I saw was a commercial truck and was just about to pull even with it when the truck drifted slightly into my lane. I think I moved slightly to the left and began to accelerate; my car had to be a lot faster than the truck but before I could get past, the truck suddenly moved deeply into my lane and I shifted so that my left tires were now on the shoulder which caused the car to spin. I raised a bunch of dust and ended up facing the wrong way on the highway -- fortunately no other cars.

The trucker had to have seen what happened if by any chance at all he had accidentally drifted but the truck continued on its way. I do not believe I had a cell phone and the truck was too far away to get its plate.

I don't for one second believe it was an accident; the maneuver was too perfectly executed. People said, maybe he fell asleep or something but that makes no sense. I turned my car in the right direction -- I don't recall another car since the incident -- and drove on, hoping to catch up with the truck but I did not see him. I did notice another car in the divider -- I wondered if the trucker had managed to cause that but I did not stop to investigate.

As I mentioned, very scary. As my car was spinning, I did not know if it might turn over which would have been terrible because it was a convertible. At least one other person told me such a thing has happened to her. Other people suggested that truckers take a lot of drugs to stay awake and it makes them psychotic but I don't think drugs alone can make you into a murderous asshole.

https://ift.tt/3xvoTbp

0 Response to "Truck ran me off road -- is this the right place to post?"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger