Help planning a road trip for my parents from Ohio to Yellowstone
Hi all, my parents are planning to drive from northeast Ohio to Yellowstone and Grand Teton in September. They asked for my help planning their route. I've personally never driven any stretch of this route beyond Chicago.
They are older and can only be on the road for about 8 hours a day. They are very interested in seeing the scenery and plan to stop at Mount Rushmore.
By my mapping, it looks like this drive will take 4 days, so I need to find them hotel each of the 3 nights somewhere along the route. Looking at the map, I'm thinking the first night around Madison, WI; the second night around Fargo, ND; and the third night somewhere in eastern Montana (perhaps Miles City?).
On the return, they want to take a slightly different route and see Mount Rushmore. It looks like they can get to Mount Rushmore the first night (they will be departing from Grand Teton NP). Then, maybe the next day they visit MR and only get as far as Sioux Falls. The final night I would have them stop in Madison again, or perhaps closer to Chicago.
Do these routes and stops seem reasonable? Are there any other locations that may be of interest for them to make a slight detour to see? I appreciate any advice!

0 Response to "Help planning a road trip for my parents from Ohio to Yellowstone"
Post a Comment