68 with health issues driving from Upstate NY to Portland, OR. Suggestions?
My son is very very sick and his situation could become terminal at anytime. He has no one, so I'm relocating there.
I was VERY lucky to find the apartment right next to him available.
Anyway, I have several health issues that would probably put me in allot of danger if I were to catch this virus. So I'm trying to plan so that I'm as safe as I can be.
A few questions: I really want a hotel room, because I'm really not able to relax and sleep anywhere else. But I'm also VERY worried about being exposed to anything in the room.
Being older, its very difficult to remember to clean every surface, and I'm worried about the bed, sheets, etc. Even the towels bother me! Yikes!
I will have my cat and I'm concerned about her touching all the areas I can't reach, under beds, etc. I know cats can sometimes spread the virus.
I'll have to stop for gas, and will use my card to swipe, so no going inside. I'll be wearing pads if I feel a bathroom is not safe.
Anything else you can suggest?
Edited to add: I'm not looking to sightsee at all.
Also, I'd like to avoid the city traffic (Chicago, etc.), so I wonder what route might be better than the usual 90 to 80 I usually travel.
Oh yes, many years ago I made this trip twice. Much younger and healthier.
TIA

0 Response to "68 with health issues driving from Upstate NY to Portland, OR. Suggestions?"
Post a Comment