Shoe Advice

Hello all, im going on my first ever extended trip starting September, I have a family member who lives in Iquitos in Peru, who has very kindly offered me a roof over my head and food and I have offered to help him do some work when he needs an extra set of hands for his business and clean his house etc. While I will be spending a lot of time there, I've also been saving up cash so I can go on a few trips to other places. Right now on the list are Machu piccu & the inca trails, a few other cities such as cusco, and Lima, as well as leaving Peru to go see the Bolivian salt flats, lake titicaca, maybe La Paz, Bogota and perhaps some places in Brazil.While my family member told me that in and around Iquitos its usually fine to wear sandals/flip flops, and wellington boots if you are going into the jungle (so long as its not on any expeditions haha I've not got any real plans for that though). But for the rest of my journeys, what sort of foot wear would be best? Ive seen lots of advice for general travel, and while I usually buy old fashioned mid hiking boots when im doing a lot of walking, thats usually in the UK. Would they be advisable, or would it be better to go lighter weight like low top hiking shoes or even trail runners as i've seen advised?Any advice would be massively appreciated, I've been scratching my head over trying to figure what the best foot wear would be, for going to places I've never been to do stuff I've never really done. via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/2LZlqhm

0 Response to "Shoe Advice"
Post a Comment