Question: Lebanon: Do I stay in Beirut throughout and take day trips everywhere or do I move to different places when traveling?

Hi everyone!I'd asked a question earlier about choosing between Oman and Qatar for a week, I got some great responses and figured that Oman would be best - turn of events though - I ended up booking myself to Lebanon instead!! (the flights were only slightly more expensive than Oman (but the visa was cheaper haha) and I recently learned to drive so maybe I'd do Oman when I'm more confident behind the wheel)I've been looking at Lebanon itineraries and have found that every place is fairly close and accessible.I'm going for ~9 days and intend to see Beirut, Jeita Grotto, Baalbek, Byblos, Tyre, Qadisha Valley and maybe even Tripoli (undecided on the last one)So, my question: is it better to stay in Beirut and just take day trips to these places since everything is at most 3 hours away or should I actually move about in terms of accommodation? (say from Lebanon to Tyre and do southern day trips, or Lebanon to Tripoli and do north day trips?)I've done about ~17 countries solo but I'm a little scared going to Lebanon because of the region's social/political turbulence. I read that Beirut is the most developed tourism and safety wise while other places have fewer (but cheaper) options so wandering about by myself in cities with less of a tourist/hospitality network if that puts me at risk is also something I'm considering while making this decision.Would love to learn from your experiences, and thanks so much again, this sub is so helpful =) via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/2MBCpFR

0 Response to "Question: Lebanon: Do I stay in Beirut throughout and take day trips everywhere or do I move to different places when traveling?"
Post a Comment