Itinerary Advice for trip to Europe (mid-October)

Hi All, lurker here. 30 M. I have a trip planned this October (mid to late) and I need help deciding on an itinerary. I'm flying into Paris and out of Amsterdam (flights are already booked), but can't seem to settle on how I spend my time. I'm trying to do this as cheaply as possible but am opting to rent Airbnb rooms instead of a hostel bed. I really value my privacy and have allergies, unfortunately, that dictate picky sleeping situations. I have 10 nights total. One obvious route is to move from point A to point B and do Paris (3 nights), Brussels/Bruges/Ghent (3 nights in Brussels as a base), Rotterdam (1 night), and Amsterdam (3 nights). However, I keep looking east (I've already visited Kyiv, Warsaw, Krakow, Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, Minsk, Prague, Budapest, and Vienna) because of price and because, for a number of reasons, I'm more interested in Central and Eastern European places. I haven't been to Germany, though, so I'm wondering if I should head due east upon landing and do Frankfurt (1 night), Munich (3 nights), Berlin (3 nights), Hamburg (2 nights), and Amsterdam (1 night) instead. A third option would take me to Frankfurt (1 night), Munich (3 nights), Ljubljana (2 nights), Zagreb (3 nights) with a flight to Amsterdam (1 night) for departure to the US.I feel like I should stick with the first option because it fits my flight schedule and because I'll have the chance to visit cities and countries I haven't yet but that everyone else seems to have. BUT I'm worried about battling groups of tourists and about costs adding up in those particular cities, especially Paris and Amsterdam (I often do as much as possible when I travel and find it difficult to think rationally about how much I'm actually spending). With attractions, museums, food, and lodging, my absolute maximum is $80 a day, though I'd prefer to keep it below that. Any thoughts on the above itineraries? Or the vibe (tourists and weather) in any of these cites mid to late October. For what it's worth, I'm especially interested in WWII history. I'm not looking to party but do appreciate a good beer.Thanks, all! via /r/solotravel https://ift.tt/329cudP

0 Response to "Itinerary Advice for trip to Europe (mid-October)"
Post a Comment