How to balance my financial and travel goals?
I’m a young woman from the USA, and hopefully will soon be able to call myself a solo traveler. I’m at a point in my life where I have to make some crucial decisions about my future, and I’m hoping that I can get some insight from those who have come before me.
My ideal travelling goal would be roughly 2-3 solo trips per year, in addition to my family’s annul vacations – A week & a half in Acadia National Park, as well as a 3 day trip to our somewhat local beach.
(For those of you who are Doctor Who fans, think of Clara. She had a “day job” but every so often the Doctor would whisk her away to wonderful adventures. That’s kind of what I want.)
I’ve looked into things like teaching abroad, WWOOF, or starting a blog, but these options don’t seem to be a great fit for me or my skill set. I’m trying to decide if I should work part time or full time.
Working part time would give me lots of time & freedom to travel, but I worry that it will be difficult to have enough money for some of my other financial goals (i.e. home ownership and the ability to support myself finically) much less be able to travel.
On the other hand, working full time would give me the best chance at being able to support myself, but typically only comes with two weeks of vacation. This would just about cover the family vacations (which are also very important to me, especially as my parents get older), but it wouldn’t leave any time for my solo travel dreams. Are there any major consequences to taking more than the two weeks of vacation time?
Help?
Submitted May 17, 2019 at 09:38PM by shutterbug2009 http://bit.ly/2VLs5Rt

0 Response to "How to balance my financial and travel goals?"
Post a Comment