0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: What are your favorite places to solo travel in Mexico? What are your favorite places to solo travel in Mexico? - Bangladesh

What are your favorite places to solo travel in Mexico?

I'm going to a couple cities in Mexico for work around June, but would like to take PTO and do some solo travelling before or after. The cities have decent flight & bus connections pretty much everywhere in Mexico I think. In-country Mexico flights seem so cheap.

These are how I'd summarize how I feel about solo travel in Mexico I've done so far, at least for major destinations:

  • Mexico City - Incredible, have spent a decent amount of time there and will definitely spend more in the future.

  • Queretaro - Very charming city to walk around with amazing veggie food.

  • Guanajuato - Amazing for Instagram photos, very crowded with tourists & immigrants (from USA mostly). Lots of sightseeing activities if that is what you like.

  • Toluca - Really interesting day trip from cdmx.

  • Tepoztlan - Overrun with tourists now but a pleasant day hike & town center if you get up before everyone else.

  • Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary - Truly wondrous day hike(s), plan your timing well to avoid massive crowds.

  • Tulum - Bonkers good beach cabanas if you can afford them (so expensive now), and lots of nature trips nearby.

  • Cancun - Underrated imo just if you just want to hang out on the beach and can book a place in a non-busy spot, otherwise not worth a trip unless you just want to party.

  • Tijuana - Fascinating city (don't spend much time on Avenida Revolucion). Becoming a unique cosmopolitan city with stuff outside town too.

  • Merida - Very cute city, probably would recommend a visit only if you're in the area.

I'm thinking of visiting Puerto Vallarta (mostly for the queer-friendly-ish beaches) or San Cristobal de las Casas (for the town scene and maybe some nature trip nearby), but really dislike tourist crowds (or any crowds tbh). I might run from crowds and go somewhere like Campeche for a more peaceful pretty town and/or rent a car to Calakmul and really be in the midfle of nowhere. Also, Veracruz & nearby seem interesting to me, but I can't find a lot of good travel experiences there in English, so if anyone has opinions that would be nice.

.

.

.

edit:

TL;DR: Any Mexico solo travel faves?



Submitted March 24, 2019 at 01:19AM by rakuu https://ift.tt/2UUCdTA

0 Response to "What are your favorite places to solo travel in Mexico?"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger