Solo Travel Istanbul Safe?
I've been looking into going to Turkey during July and did a lot of Google searching about how safe it is to travel to Istanbul and Turkey in general. Most posts shrug off the travel advisories and talk a lot about how it's overblown. Then I read one post that seemed pretty honest about travel in Istanbul in 2018 vs the last time he went in 2015. According to him, it's gotten more aggressive in general, particularly with the scamming - to the point of getting physical.
Can anyone speak to this? This is giving me second thoughts about visiting. I'm an American male in my 30's. There are tons of articles about safety for solo FEMALE travel but I'd like to hear if there's anything I'd need to know as a male too. I've read a lot about the drinking buddy scam where they lure you to a bar. But from that post I mentioned above, it sounds like it can sometimes get physical when ignoring or refusing the scam.
Submitted March 17, 2019 at 11:16PM by tophog https://ift.tt/2ObG7Vt

0 Response to "Solo Travel Istanbul Safe?"
Post a Comment