Returning to solo travel after an accident abroad.
Just under a month ago, I broke my arm riding a scooter in Pai. The doctors in Pai and Chiang Mai said I would need surgery costing north of $9,000USD. I opted not to have surgery in Thailand for many reasons (cost, possible complications, and solo recovery.) So I flew back to the states and was told at my local ER the break actually did not require surgery in their opinion and would heal on its own in 6-8 weeks. Great news!
So here I am, just about 4 weeks off the break and healing quite nicely. It’s still painful some days and not back to fully functional but I can definitely feel positive progress. My original trip was meant to be 3-4 months and only lasted 2 weeks! Of course, I was totally bummed out but just focused on getting healthy. I’m so thankful the accident wasn’t worse and I have all this time to recover.
My question is... Do I go back in another week or 2 and continue my journey? My plan after Pai was Siem Reap and the southern Cambodia islands then who knows? Vietnam, Indo, southern Thailand? My family is concerned although not discouraging. I’ll probably just stay off scooters to put their minds at ease and let someone else do the driving. Activity wise, I wasn’t really planning on doing anything hardcore in Cambodia and I’m hoping by the time I leave there I’ll be getting closer to 100%.
So internet strangers help me decide what to do?!?
Submitted February 20, 2019 at 10:41PM by capkimchi https://ift.tt/2Ni5O6r

0 Response to "Returning to solo travel after an accident abroad."
Post a Comment