UPDATE: I didn't abandon my trip to Singapore and had such an amazing time. Thank you for all your support and encouragement!
This was my previous post if you want some context.
I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to go. It was such an amazing trip and one I will likely do again in the future.
Unless people really want to hear what I did, I'll keep this short by saying that if anyone is on the fence about going solo, just do it. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and often avoid uncomfortable environments, but I forced myself into some situations where I was able to confront some fears and still have a good time. You know yourself best, so do what makes you happy and just enjoy yourself. I ended up doing a whole lot of wandering around and only covered about 2/3 of what I initially planned. Even went to an arcade. I discovered some things about myself and learned more about what I like and dislike. The point is, don't make excuses for yourself if anxiety and doubt is your biggest hurdle. Not to mention Singapore is such a great place to start for first time solo travelers. This trip really helped me and I already am thinking about my next travel plans - likely solo again.
I've added a small album if you want to check out some the things I saw and ate. Thank you again everyone who supported me.
Submitted January 16, 2019 at 04:50PM by mdt21 http://bit.ly/2QSgskq

0 Response to "UPDATE: I didn't abandon my trip to Singapore and had such an amazing time. Thank you for all your support and encouragement!"
Post a Comment