0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Never solo traveled before but am sitting on lots of PTO. Any good solo travel destination in CONUS to look into? Never solo traveled before but am sitting on lots of PTO. Any good solo travel destination in CONUS to look into? - Bangladesh

Never solo traveled before but am sitting on lots of PTO. Any good solo travel destination in CONUS to look into?

I'm 27, have a good job and have saved up half of my maximum of 400 hours worth of PTO. I don't know anyone who has the time and money to travel, either they have a similar job but have a wife and kids they can't leave for a week or they are so broke they can't afford a simple weekend road trip or can't take any time off work. I'm at the point where I feel like if I continue to wait until I find travel buddies that I'll simply never go anywhere so I'm looking to do things that don't depend on waiting for others.

I have never done any foreign travel and while I would like to someday I work for the US military and any foreign travel must be reported and documented so I worry that solo travel to a foreign country would look really suspicious since it's not very common outside of this subreddit. So continental US is preferred. Very few trips I see on here stay in the USA so I thought I'd post to ask.

I'm located in Utah and am pretty outdoorsy and have camping and backpacking gear. I definitely enjoy outdoors and nature based destinations. Though cities with interesting landmarks, museums, or cultural can still be fun to check out. But I'm not a big fan of crowds and am much less likely to enjoy braving loud wild crowds alone so concerts and night life wouldn't be very high on my list. Since I mentioned that I'm from Utah, unlike most Utah's I'm not opposed to drinking but do find it to be complicated and expensive when solo because of transportation issues.

Any suggestions on places I should look into when planning a trip? I'd probably think 1-2 weeks, probably in the warmer months. Places within reasonable road trip distance of salt lake city keep costs down but I do have some money to spend elsewhere as well.



Submitted December 26, 2018 at 09:39PM by Worf65 http://bit.ly/2Ve70uT

0 Response to "Never solo traveled before but am sitting on lots of PTO. Any good solo travel destination in CONUS to look into?"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger