Looking for advice for my summer travel/life plans
Hey all. In May I'm planning to completely throw my life into disarray. Here's my tentative plan: Fly to London with my bike. I'll hang out with a friend who lives there for a couple of days, then meet up with another friend and go bike tour down to Cornwall (for about a week). Next, find a way across the channel to France where I'll bike down to Italy, through the Alps a bit, then take a ferry into Croatia. From Croatia, bike along the coast to probably Macedonia or so, then eventually head north to Berlin. I'm thinking of being in Berlin mid-late July. From what I've read, about 3 months is when burnout starts to become a thing. So, I'm considering flying back to the US for about a month to regain my sanity and comfort zone, then flying back to the Berlin, which I am planning on moving to (don't have a job lined up yet).
tl;dr: bike tour may-july, go home for a month, then move to berlin
Things to note: really the only travel experience I have right now is going on exchange to Istanbul a couple years back (I'd never been outside of the US previously). That was a very hard but enlightening experience for me, and I've been lusting for travel ever since I got back from Turkey (had to finish uni and save up a bit of money first).
I'm planning on wild camping and warmshowering the majority of the time, to keep it super cheap.
Any holes logistically? I'm planning on trying to not spend more than maybe 30 days in the Schengen states, because as an American we get 90 days before you need a visa, and I'd like wiggle room in Germany while I find a job.
This is something I've been telling myself I want to do for the last 3 years or so, and now that it's getting closer (aka plane ticket-buying full commit time), I'm getting pretty nervous. Any advice or tips are appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Submitted February 03, 2018 at 07:41PM by snogglewug http://ift.tt/2nvQJT6

0 Response to "Looking for advice for my summer travel/life plans"
Post a Comment