First solo trip to New Zealand
Hey guys! I'm a 19 y/o Canadian going on my first solo trip to New Zealand in January. I researched a lot on the country (things to do, ways to get around, places to live, etc.) but I still have a couple of questions for people with more knowledge to help me make some choices:
-
Since I am not 21 years old, most companies won't let me lease cars. So, what is the best way of gettting around the country? I thougth about walking and hitchiking, but a lot of cool parts of the country are not super accesible through walking. I've also heard about hop-on hop-off buses, but I feel like they still limit you to certain area and places. Can anyone tell me about what they did to help me make a choice?
-
I have a Working Holiday Visa, meaning I can stay in the country up to 12 months while visiting with the possibility of working. I know there is a lot of different jobs I could do, but what did you guys do? While I know work is pretty easy to find, are there ideal months to apply for jobs around Wellington or the upper part of the South Island?
-
Also, that is also different for everyone, but what did you use more for accomodations and what did you like most?
Keep in mind that I have between 4 and 8 months to stay in the country and I'd live on about 15k CAD$ (no need to burn it all if I don't have to however!) Thanks to anyone kind of enough to comment!
P.S. If you have any tips and comments on New Zealand backpacking trips, feel free to share them, they are always useful to me and probably many others!
Submitted November 12, 2017 at 05:13PM by C9BigBals http://ift.tt/2mjLFmn

0 Response to "First solo trip to New Zealand"
Post a Comment