Black in Ireland
It’s been quite some time since I’ve been to Ireland. Late 90’s actually visiting family with an ex girlfriend. I fell in love with everything I saw and experienced and have been thinking of revisiting for quite some time. I’m thinking of planning a trip next year, solo, but not sure if I should or not.
For what it’s worth, I’m in my mid 40’s and black. I bring this up because recently I’ve read posts claiming blatant racism in Europe, but I’ll be honest and say that my previous experience was nothing but positive. Not sure if this was because I was with a local who grew up there? But everyone I met was cordial and friendly and curious once I opened my mouth because I am from the states.
My ex did warn me that the locals may be drawn to me because I’m so different obviously and some women may even flaunt themselves because of it. I did notice some attention, but again, it was all positive.
I’d like to spend about a week in a Dublin. My ex was from the area but we travelled all over to include Wexford, Wicklow and Waterford.
I have nothing but fond memories of the country and look forward to going back sometime soon.
Thoughts, comments?
Submitted November 12, 2017 at 03:06PM by Horse_Grenades http://ift.tt/2ywZ1NG

0 Response to "Black in Ireland"
Post a Comment