Need tips about my first solo trip to South East Asia
Hello solotravellers!
I(23M) had a plan to go to Australia this November but decided to work 2 months more and go on a month long SEA trip before landing in OZ.
My plan is to leave on the 21st of December with a backpack. I plan to fly to Phuket, Thailand as this destination is relatively cheap from my country. After that I want to work my way towards and over the equator. Around 20ish January I plan to land in Melbourne or some other major city in Australia to find some work. I have already been granted a Working Holiday visa.
My plan so far:
Phuket for 6 days
Phi Phi island for 4 days
Ao Nang in Krabi for 5 days
Kuala Lumpur for 2 days
Langkawi for 5 days
Bali for 7+ days
I like nature and beaches so I don't want to spend much time in big cities. I'll do that when I land in Australia. Also I'd rather like places with more young people as I'm looking to socialise a lot and go out on some nights.
Now I found out that Bali has a rainy season in January. Some say it's still worth it while others say that they would go somewhere else. Should I extend my stay in Thailand or Malaysia (where to go then?) instead of flying to Bali? Maybe some other third country (Vietnam maybe)? If Bali is still nice (which I think it will be), where to stay over there when it's low-season? I read that Kuta Beach is great for young people but my friend told me that he didn't like it.
I already booked a hostel on Ao Nang beach as I have read that during new years eve all places will be fully booked. I can cancel it if there's somewhere better to be on 31st of December (I don't want to spend so much time in Phuket but I heard that Patong Beach has crazy parties).
I have a budget of about 5000EUR but I want to keep like 2000-2500EUR for Australia so I can look for a job without much stress. I plan to stay in Hostels and eat a lot of local food so the budget should be fine. Some days I would like to rent a scooter and drive around (probably in Phuket, Langkawi and Bali).
Should I start booking hostels and flights right now or is it better to wait till I'm there and then see what I want to do? Flight tickets are pretty cheap in SEA but will they be more expensive when the departure date is only a few days away? I have researched these places but does anybody have some "must see" places in mind?
Any tips/recommendations is truly appreciated as this is my first time solo. I have been to SEA once before, in the Philippines for 2 weeks.
Submitted October 12, 2017 at 09:48PM by vibelife7 http://ift.tt/2yglS0Q

0 Response to "Need tips about my first solo trip to South East Asia"
Post a Comment