Central Asia/ Silk Road solo
Hi Reddit! I'm considering travelling the Silk Road solo in early 2018. This would be my second time outside Europe (I've been to Japan before) and by far my longest solo trip.
I have a lot of research still to do, but I would love to hear from others' experiences (couldn't find much so far when searching the subreddit). My timeframe is between 5 weeks to two months (possibly in the shorter side though) and my direction would be from Beijing to Istanbul. I definitely intend to pass through China, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. (My intention is to cross to Baku from Turkmenistan by boat). I would also like to visit Khazakhstan and Iran depending on logistics. I probably will not go to Tajikistan.
Any experiences - even for a portion of the journey - that you have to share would be welcome! What did you like, dislike, feel indifferent to? How was the food? How is public transport?
Submitted October 04, 2017 at 09:11AM by balconylife http://ift.tt/2klHq8X

0 Response to "Central Asia/ Silk Road solo"
Post a Comment