Stuck between three countries for Fall travel
Hello,
Thank you for reading. I'll preface by saying I've done extensive research, but am having the hardest time deciding where I should go on vacation...I'm hoping to surprise my wife!
Reading the sidebar, I'll first list the details of travel.
Dates: 9/27-10/6-8 (return date is flexible pending difference in airline ticket cost)
Budget: ~$600 or less on airline tickets, ~$175 or less/day lodging
Interests: my wife and I love fall (Autumn). I love street and landscape photography. We both love the water, and love food. We are adventurous eaters. We want nature mixed in with some history and culture. A little bit of relaxation with some fun. We are not night clubbers, but do enjoy a few drinks and a night out. We were in Spain and we both loved Seville and Granada. The history was amazing! I think the place that fits the bill is Croatia, but is a little too much out of budget.
Without further ado, the locations I've narrowed it down to are:
1. Ireland... although it's the stated rainy season, it appears to still be a great time to go. We would start in Dublin, and work our way to see Belfast, the Cliffs of Moher, and 1-2 more sites. The scenery is amazing, and hopefully by October the foilage will be colorful. The sunset appears to be about 7:20 pm daily.
2. Portugal...on many sites for best places to visit in fall. My wife is fluent in Spanish (helpful in Spain earlier this year!), but I don't think will be as useful with Portuguese. We would start in Lisbon, travel to Porto, and then swing down to Algarve. The weather may be in the 70s, but i don't know if the water will still be warm enough. The scenery may not be as great as Ireland, but the food will probably make up for it.
3. Vienna/Prague...This is completely different as it is Eastern Europe, but they both seem to be a top spot for fall time travel. The days are a bit shorter, but there are many music festivals happening. We would get the history and food, but maybe not so much of the water aspect.
So that's that, folks. Any opinion to help sway my choice? Any other options? I'd be flying from the NE, and ticket prices are about the same for each location, ranging from $540-$580.
Thanks!
Submitted September 02, 2017 at 06:44AM by MagnumPower http://ift.tt/2iQ7J6p

0 Response to "Stuck between three countries for Fall travel"
Post a Comment