PSA car rental in Dubrovnik
Hi /r/travel
I just wanted to share some advice based off my recent trip to Dubrovnik (so recent I'm actually still here - writing this because my gf is napping...).
If you're renting in Croatia and want to drive to (for example) Montenegro or Bosnia Herzegovina, you'll need a 'green card' to take the car across the border. I had heard about this in advance, but the general Internet concensus was that it wasn't necessary for Montenegro in particular, and it's just a scam by rental companies. With this in mind, I contested it when the rep brought it up, however he was pretty insistent and pointed to some printed out information in front of him. I relented and ended up having to pay 625 Kuna (€82).
Sure enough when we got to the Montenegrin border, the border agent asked to see the green card despite what a couple of people on forums said that they're not interested (there's even an office just past the border check where you can buy one if you don't have one).
Now it could be that you do need one and it shouldn't cost any extra, and it's just a scam to earn more money.
AVIS, who I rented from has this bit if information at the bottom of the terms and conditions of thir Dubrovnik page:
For travelling outside Croatia special conditions apply. The entry into some countries with an Avis vehicle is not allowed. Information will be given at time of check out, and these conditions will also be printed on the Rental Agreement>
Given that the places people are likely to visit on day trips from Dubrovnik are likely to be abroad (Kotor, Mostar etc), it's pretty disingenuous to include nothing but this vague bit of information for what is a hefty chunk of additional costs.
Just thought I'd share this for anyone looking to rent in Dubrovnik and go to Kotor (it is more than worth the fuss and the cost), as there's not a massive amount of information out there.
Submitted September 03, 2017 at 06:00PM by bythebeardofchabal http://ift.tt/2ezVcTd

0 Response to "PSA car rental in Dubrovnik"
Post a Comment