0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: Plan to travel for a year or so. Eastern Europe in Winter? Where to go and when? ultra-flexible Plan to travel for a year or so. Eastern Europe in Winter? Where to go and when? ultra-flexible - Bangladesh

Plan to travel for a year or so. Eastern Europe in Winter? Where to go and when? ultra-flexible

24 year old male here from Australia. I have obtained an Italian citizenship and therefore got an Italian passport recently too(This point will make sense once you read on) I have the opportunity to travel as a please over the next couple of years. I am self employed and can run my business similar to a digital nomad quite casually.

I plan to stay in a mix of hostels, airbnbs and house shares. My style of travel will be slow to reduce costs, really experience a place and since I have no time constraints. I enjoy a bit of everything and want have a balance of; Cities, Costal places, Mountains and other outdoors. I will be travelling 90% solo and I have done this before.

My original plan is to leave here in Nov/Dec this year as there is nothing stopping me and it will still give me some time to organise myself properly from now. I had it in my head to aim to be in Saint Petersburg for Christmas and NYE as I am familiar with the place and it is my favorite destination in the world I have been to so far. However I can always just wait until early next year before I leave. I am very flexible in this regard but i don't want to regret the opportunity of just leaving earlier as who knows what can happen.

I dont have a set aim on where to start really, this is still so open as I am undecided, which is why I am here to get everyone's thoughts. Last year I traveled mainly through Central and Western Europe for 3 months, only touching on the east with travelling in Poland and outside of the EU but still East in Russia. I now look back and feel like I have unfinished travels in the East as I found it most enjoyable which I didn't know at the time having not being to Europe at all, so I don't hold any regrets - just knew knowledge.

Because of the above I definitely want to go to Eastern Europe(Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Baltics, Moldova, Georgia, Crimea, Bulgaria, Romania and Russia. I also would like to return to Germany, potentially the UK too. Also Iceland looks otherworldly and why not Portugal to stay coastal for a bit. Then theres Central Asia which looks interesting and whole another place in South America. Here is one of the issues already haha.

A big consideration is that if I went in December it would mean I spend a whole legitimate winter if I go to Eastern Europe first. Coming from Perth Australia, a cold winter day here was like it was today being 15c and I was still out surfing. It's a whole different ball game and I am not sure how much this limits you physically to get out and about and how dead it makes the outdoors over there. And then on the other side of it, being in a legitimate winter wonderland place would be a new life experience for me never even having seen snow for example.

Another consideration is visas. I need a visa for both Russia and Belarus which would make sense to go there first as I would know the exact dates. But I guess I can always have dates planned to be in these two places by if I dont go there first(Not the way I like to travel though, I like to be very free and open). So another option could be to fly into London for example and work West to East and bit South, waiting until spring until I go to Russia/Belarus.

So what I am here for is some of your experience on these places during different seasons and helping decide where I am going to start my travels and when. Also provide any suggestions you wish.



Submitted September 02, 2017 at 10:24AM by nevernotspurs http://ift.tt/2wZx44l

0 Response to "Plan to travel for a year or so. Eastern Europe in Winter? Where to go and when? ultra-flexible"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger