0b2a3efcb0aa7cbe6d312c1e8d93f768ff3c356d Bangladesh Tourism

Bangladesh: I'm an adult and my mother is against me traveling alone I'm an adult and my mother is against me traveling alone - Bangladesh

I'm an adult and my mother is against me traveling alone

I turn 23 on Friday and still stay at home, since the area I live in is pretty expensive and I don't make enough to live on my own quite yet, but I do work and I take care of myself the best I can. Anyway, on Saturday, the day after my birthday, I'm traveling up north to see a concert and since the day I bought my ticket, my mother has been giving me hell about it.

I bought a ticket for a show up north because this is my favorite artist, and there weren't many local shows near me, so I decided to travel to see one of their shows instead. I paid for everything: the ticket, the flight, the hotel, everything is paid for so there's no going back and my mother is raising hell about it every day as it gets closer telling me how dangerous it is to travel alone, how I'm gonna get kidnapped, how I "don't know how to do anything and will get myself into trouble" and she keeps reminding me every day how stupid I'm being for doing this and all it does is get me angry. She's even threatening to not take me to the airport because she's so against me going.

I know a good amount of people who will be at the show, other fans I've known from a good community for years, but no one is going directly with me. My hotel is right near the airport and the arena the concert is at is only 10 minutes away from my hotel so I'm not gonna go far (I'm only going to be there until Monday morning anyhow and then I fly home).

She's treating me like a child, telling me that I have to tell her exactly when the show starts, once it's over and how I'm not allowed to do anything like wait outside the arena for the artist after the show (which is something I always do) or get a drink with anyone I know after the show and that I must go STRAIGHT back to the hotel and stay there until I leave or she's gonna be "blowing my phone up like crazy" it's driving me insane.

I understand her concerns but I feel as if I need to start gaining more independence and this is one way to start. She won't back off, though! Help? Advice? I'm definitely still going, so no need to worry about that.



Submitted September 03, 2017 at 05:29AM by yourgirlalex http://ift.tt/2iRAZK5

0 Response to "I'm an adult and my mother is against me traveling alone"

Total Pageviews

Analytic

Powered by Blogger