Crossing overland from Sudan to Eritrea
Hi There,
I'm going to be traveling in Sudan and Eritrea in January of next year, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience traveling overland from Sudan to Eritrea. I ask, because I have both Kassala (Sudan) and Keren (Eritrea) on my itinerary, so it would seem to be a big waste to travel all the way from Kassala to Khartoum, fly Khartoum to Asmara, then travel Asmara to Keren.
As the crow flies, Kassala to Keren is only about 200 miles, but I know bureaucracy is a big deal in both countries, and sometimes there are issues around the border because of Eritreans trying to leave the country en masse. I'm not even sure if foreigners (even with valid visas for both countries) are allowed to cross between the two overland, as I'd be entering Eritrea NOT via Asmara, where all travel permits outside the capital are issued.
BUT all that said, I'd love your feedback! Anyone out there attempted this before?
Submitted September 08, 2017 at 07:01PM by concreteandkitsch http://ift.tt/2eTEIpf

0 Response to "Crossing overland from Sudan to Eritrea"
Post a Comment