buying car in USA with international driver's license. possible? difficult?
I am relocating to USA. I will land in CA and want to drive to NYC and live somewhere on the east coast. I would like to take a few weeks driving accross the USA: camping, hotels, etc. But I would rather not rent because of the expense. So, I am thinking of buying a car and insurance in CA. I had a friend who did so maybe 10 or 15 years ago. He was from Japan, lived in USA (CA) for 6 months, bought a car when he landed and sold it when he left. So, it WAS possible, I wonder about now? One of my concerns is the discomfort. I have neither friends nor family in CA, so I would have to rent a car for short term, then search around dealers, then an insurance company....etc etc.... Also, I would like to hear people's advice, eg if they advise NOT to buy in such a situation, I would like to hear reasons. Thank you all in advance. Any info would be helpful.....

0 Response to "buying car in USA with international driver's license. possible? difficult?"
Post a Comment